Active Citizens Partnership (ACP) (Project leader)
Active Citizens Partnership is an NGO based in North Eastern Greece. We have extensive experience to design and support programs that address contemporary training and social needs at national and European level. With the assistance of the State and the European Union have developed measures to prevent and tackle social problems and assist vulnerable groups. In order to provide a high quality service develops and operates innovative activities relating to:
- Studies and research in the field of non-formal education and training
- Development and implementation of technology enhanced training
- Greek language program for refugees and immigrants.
- Psychosocial support and counselling for immigrants, refugees, homeless, long-term unemployed, people with religious or cultural characteristics, etc.
- Counselling for employees to improve their job conditions
- Counselling programs for long-term unemployed women and women threatened by unemployment
- Programs for young people with learning disabilities from minority groups.
- Training programmes for immigrants, refugees ,people with religious and cultural characteristics such as Rom people, Greek Muslims, homeless etc
- Programs to strengthen the capacity of access to employment for people affected by poverty and social exclusion.
ACP has 5 full time staff and more than 10 part time employees working on different projects. ACP implements projects all over Greece especially in Northeastern Greece and Athens.
ACP has wide experience in the use of technology including Web 2.0 for learning. ACP presently provides technology enhanced training for interpreters. ACP has competence and experience in the development of technology including applications and platforms for communities of practice and knowledge sharing. They also have wide experience in OER development and localization and cultural adaptation of learning content. ACP is connected with different stakeholders in national and European level to assist in project impact and dissemination.